Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI): Shipping & Marine
The RNLI needed to find an access system that would allow safe working at height during the manufacture and maintenance of their lifeboats. A solution was required to overcome the trip hazard inside the lifeboat, enable the fitting of high level lights and a roll cage at the rear and give access to facilitate fitting the engine. A handrail system was needed around the front, a cantilever configuration, to enable access to the electrical equipment, was needed along the top and guardrails were required along the sides. Previously step ladders had been used but they were no longer satisfactory.
The LOBO System is a versatile modular scaffolding platform that combines the flexibility and strength of traditional scaffolding with the simplicity of aluminium systems; it provided the solution.
The LOBO System can be configured into any shape or size and has many maintenance and safety applications.
Constructed by in-house production and maintenance teams, it can be assembled quickly and safely around, under or above boats, machinery, aircraft, conveyors and specifically in restricted areas, without the use of tools, to create a safe working environment and edge protection system.
Royal National Lifeboat
- Scaffolding labour costs can be reduced without compromising safety and on-going costs can be significantly reduced as essential maintenance downtimes are kept to a minimum.
- The LOBO System is scalable, adaptable and adjustable to meet your ongoing and changing requirements. Simply add more components or alter your existing configuration to satisfy the demands of the next task. You can protect your initial investment with a product that will meet all your access needs safely.
- The LOBO System is a rigid and stable product, which meets or exceeds current safety regulations. Handrails can be fitted in seconds, at any point in the erection process.
- The LOBO System’s steel structure ensures many years of product life and a system that will not shake or rattle. The system also includes anti-sway braces and outriggers for total rigidity on taller systems.
- The LOBO System’s modular approach means components fully integrate and can be hand carried.
Other Clients In Sector
EU: BS EN1004:2004 BS 1139 parts 3 & 4,
USA: OSHA Compliant, ANSI A10.8, 29 CFR Part 1920 (General Industry)
Canada: CSA Z797-09 CSA 269.2 (M87 and -16)
Australia: AS/NZS 1576.1:2010 and AS/NZS 1576.3:2015 Tower