General Dynamics: Military
At General Dynamics vehicle maintenance and production centres, engineers are required to work at height and ensure the smooth running and full-time operation of the plant.
Awkward and restricted access areas present additional hazards when working at height and maintenance tasks must routinely be performed where access is extremely difficult. Areas where, typically, standard working at height equipment cannot fit and does not sufficiently adjust.
Safety management begins with General Dynamics ensuring that employees have fit for purpose, work at height safety equipment, on which they have been trained to assemble, inspect and use safely.
Access equipment which is unstable or rickety, which does not fit properly and is therefore dangerous, should never be used.
The LOBO System is a versatile work platform product that combines the flexibility and strength of traditional scaffolding with the simplicity and mobility of tower systems. The unique and patented hand adjustable clamp, when combined with the tube, allows the engineer to create a work platform, of any shape or size, without the need for any tools.
- The system is made from modular steel components, which are easy and quick to assemble and provide a rock steady and safe working platform.
- It flat packs for transportation and yet is incredibly strong.
- Areas previously awkward to get to, can now be accessed by your own engineers or technicians with ease, whenever required.
- The LOBO System comprises of trestle legs that vary in size and adjustable extensions with fixed side clamps. Steel tubes can then be passed through the clamps, which are hand tightened to form a structure to suit the application. Sway braces, toe boards, wheels, handrails, outriggers and a lifting slider beam can be added to enhance the construction.
- The LOBO System is scalable, adaptable and adjustable to meet your on-going and changing requirements. Simply add more components or alter your existing configuration to satisfy the demands of the next task. Protect your initial investment with a product that will meet all your access needs safely!
- The LOBO System can be transported and assembled fast and with ease from a flat pack, by General Dynamics engineers, into any required configuration.
- Optional extras include a tool tray and a gate can be fitted to the system.
- It can be stored in a LOBO Towerstore unit when not in use.
- LOBO is a rigid and stable product, which meets or exceeds international safety regulations.
- General Dynamics has been provided with LOBO Systems certified training for safe assembly, inspection and use.
Other Clients In Sector
EU: BS EN1004:2004 BS 1139 parts 3 & 4,
USA: OSHA Compliant, ANSI A10.8, 29 CFR Part 1920 (General Industry)
Canada: CAN/CSA Z797‐09 & S269.2
Australia: AS/NZS 1576.1:2010 and AS/NZS 1576.3:2015 Tower